Applications are invited for Integrated M.Phil.-Ph.D. in Sports Science from candidates with the following eligibility criteria. At present this course is available at the University’s Belur Campus.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Important Dates
- How to Apply
- Structure of the Admission Test
- Course Fee
- Hostel Facility
- Dress Code
- Application Form and Admit Card
- MPhil Suggested Course content
M.Sc. in any of the following subjects: Sports Science / Physiology / Psychology / Applied Psychology / Physics / Biochemistry / Statistics/ Nutrition / Yoga (Education/Therapy) / Physical Education (M.P.Ed.) or allied subjects / Any equivalent degree, with minimum 55 % marks from any recognized University.
Please note the following
- Candidates who have appeared in the Master’s Degree examination may also apply.
- Relaxation of marks is allowed for reserved category as per the Government Rules.
15 June 2017, Thursday: Last date for receiving applications.
17 June 2017, Saturday: Written admission test from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm (2 hrs) and followed by an interview from 3:00 pm onwards. List of selected candidates will be announced immediately after the interview. The admission process will start and continue till 23 June upto 5 pm.
1 July 2017, Saturday: Commencement of classes from 10:00 am.
How to Apply
Application forms and Admit Card can either be downloaded from the links given at the bottom on this page or collected from the University’s central office at Belur (just outside the Belur Math main gate). Please read the instructions printed in the application form carefully. All the relevant information of the application must be duly filled and submitted along with a fee of Rs.300/-. It can be either a demand draft for Rs 300/- made in favour of ‘Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University’ payable at Belur Math, Howrah, (preferably UBI or SBI) or by cash. Completed application forms can be submitted in any of the following ways as given below.
- Send by post or in person, the completed application form with the demand draft to the following address on/before the above-mentioned last date (before 5 pm).
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
PO Belur Math
Howrah, West Bengal 711202
- Send the completed application preferably in pdf format by email to:
sportssc dot rkmvu –at– gmail dot com. Bring a printout of the completed application form and printout of the email sent to us along with the demand draft or cash to the University’s central office at Belur on the day of the entrance test at least one hour before the commencement of the admission test.
Applicants have to duly fill the admit card details and bring it on the day of the admission test. Please do not submit the admit card along with your application.
Structure of the Admission Test
Topics for Admission Test will cover English language proficiency test, reasoning, general knowledge in sports related area and on respective subjects. All the questions are of multiple choice type, except the language proficiency test and the total marks would be 50. A sample question paper is provided here: pdf or doc.
Admission process shall begin immediately after the interview. Those candidates permitted and willing to take admission may get admitted immediately by paying a total amount of Rs.17,050/- having the following breakup.
- Tution fee – Rs.6000/- for the first semester plus
- Admission cum registration fee (one time)- Rs.5000/-
- Lab fee – Rs.3000/-
- Examination fee – Rs.1000/-
- Id Card – Rs.50/-
- Caution Deposit (one time, refundable) – Rs.2000/-
Selected candidates have to take admission by paying the requisite fees. Those who fail to take admission before the stipulated date without explicit permission from the authority will run the risk of forfeiting their admission.
Limited number of seats for male candidates are available in the hostel attached to the Institution campus. Students requiring admission to hostels have to apply separately. The fee structure is as given below:
- Hostel admission fees (one time): Rs 500/-
- Per month Hostel accommodation fee: Rs 500/-
- Hostel Deposit (one time, refundable) - Rs 5000/-
- Approximately Rs 2500/- for meal charges (variable as per the mess system)
Those selected for the hostel will be informed separately.
Proper dress code will be required for the discipline of sports science as will be specified at the time of admission.
Application Form and Admit Card
MPhil Suggested Course content
The course content has been developed following the UGC Regulations for M.Phil / Ph.D. 2016. The following specialized fields would be covered:
- Introduction to Sports
- Fundamentals of Physical and Biological Sciences
- Research Methodology and Statistics
- Communicative English and Dissertation writing
- Exercise/Sports Physiology
- Sports Biomechanics
- Sports Medicine
- Sports Psychology
- Computer application in Sports Science
- Inclusive Adapted Physical Activity and Yoga